Wednesday, October 06, 2010

A letter to our son, Bruiser

Dear Breven,
Someday you're going to look at this picture and wonder why your parents didn't take better care of you. (and thankfully, the picture looks better than real life)
Its not that we don't love you because we really, really do. And its not that we don't look out for you. (trust me, there are days we think you should be wearing a helmet)
But there comes a time when you need to gain your land legs back and watch where those cute little feet are moving. Those pillars you ran into at the airport didn't just appear out of thin air. And those hallway walls aren't really closing in on you. It would add minutes to my life if just once, you would cry over a stubbed toe or pinched finger. Rather, every time I hear you howl, I know I'm going to find you rubbing your head and pointing to the offender, whether that be the wall, a table, a dresser, the bed...
Also, please take into further review that you would make life with your brother just a little easier if you didn't derail every train leaving the station after he sets it all up...
Your concerned and exhausted parents

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm Liz, a friend of Sarah Nadvornik's who thinks your blog and boys are just adorable and checks it occasionally.

I'm sure you've thought of this, but have you had Breven's eyes checked? I used to walk into walls/pillars/furniture when I was a toddler too, and it turns out I have double vision and am far-sighted. :) My mom was shocked when she found out (I was three) both because neither of these vision problems run in my family and because I could play games, work on the computer, and didn't seem to have other vision problems: ust walking into things. She was baffled and thought I was just a little spacey.

But I got my first glasses with little Snoopy-s on the ear pieces, and haven't walked into a wall since!

Just a thought, since the story resonated with my own experience. Hope your bruiser's navigation skills improve!
Liz