Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Our God is an amazing God! 12 weeks and counting

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:13, 14
I have a confession to make. There are so many times when it is easy to become lazy. So many times, it is so easy to do what I want to do rather than spend time doing the one thing I know I should be doing. I have been convicted lately that I haven't been spending the time I should learning and growing in my relationship with Jesus Christ. Its easier to pick up a novel and zone out or take a nap or fill my day with endless tasks than to face my Creator. And I have to stop running.
Why am I telling you this? you wonder...
Because I want to tell you about what he has shown to me even in the midst of my hiding. And I figure if I put my thoughts on paper, I will feel more convicted, no, accountable to those who know me well.
We are at the 12 week mark...the end of the first trimester and my thought keep returning to the verses above. How God knits a child together in the womb. That just amazes me! And then I read this weekly email today that helped me understand just how awesome our God is:
"This week your baby is now almost the size of a lime, weighing almost an ounce and measuring almost 2.5 inches! Her eyes are now positioned in the front of her face and her ears are in position on the sides of her head. Most notably, reflexes have begun! Your little one's mouth is making sucking movements, her eye muscles clench, her toes curl, fingers and hands open and close, and she may even begin to suck her thumb. Though she is still too little for you to feel, she can feel you. If you were to apply pressure to your abdomen, your baby would squirm in response! Her brain has been developing rapidly too. Nerve cells are multiplying, and synapses, or the small junctions across which nerve impulses pass from one nerve cell to another, are forming at an impressive speed. A little lower, her intestines are developing and will soon be moving into her stomach cavity. It's incredible to think how far she has come in just a few short months!"
My God has already made my child. My child isn't an "it" or something that can be erased. She/he is a living, breathing, fully functioning child by God's power. Whoever thinks things came together by chance or with a big bang isn't fully comprehending just how this process works. How can my baby already be sucking her thumb or curling his toes at just 12 weeks if that were true!
This has been a much different pregnancy than the first. But the best part is now that I know what I'm feeling, I have felt the baby move. Its more like a butterfly right now, but I definitely felt movement! Noah's brother or sister is growing and changing and definitely doesn't like to be crowded:):)
And so, all that to say...God is revealing himself to me in every nook and cranny of my life. There is no true hiding place from God!
I hope that in the next week, you are able to find areas in your life where God is showing himself faithful!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an awesome reminder to us all Emily. Thank you as maybe I even needed a little accountability and reminder myself. God is amazing isn't he.

Love you all
Gladys

Anonymous said...

AMEN!!While reding of the progress that my 3rd g-child is making, I thought maybe u had decided to know specifically "Who" she is,but
realized that just how the author
of the "informative" book had phased it. Micah & Chicku invited us to the ultrasound visit & yes she wanted to know "Whom" it is,but I will leave it to them to tell u! The "Tech" was more restrictive, only 2 others could attend & we had to be seated!!
Poppi unfortunately did not pay close attention to the address & directions & so when he got in the
neighborhood "radio-ed" me & then
Micah & got the "user not available"message he remembered Micah saying turn off your phones, sooo when we 3 "called for the elevator, he was on it! I think the Lord has provided him with a
2nd opportunity,the"Tech" was not happy that the baby would not rollover & has set up another time for 21 Aug. Love u 3 and a third, Lolli

Anonymous said...

What a great video! I think I will go eat a "mum-in" instead of my oatmeal. Noah has a good idea. He acts bigger than when we saw him on the fourth.

Love, Big Poppi