Friday, August 08, 2008

Blueberries, just like Daddy and friends

We have enjoyed a really quiet week. I think we had better soak it all up while we still can. Things are about to become crazy for the next few months!! Noah has been so much fun and so much of a challenge lately. He is really starting to communicate and understand us, but he is also starting to test us and we are getting full force into the world of discipline. Ughh! I just keep reminding myself that there is a reason and purpose behind all this hard work!:) And parenting has been such a reminder to me of my relationship with God and his role as a parent in my life.
Tomorrow, Noah will be in his second wedding. Hopefully this time, we'll be aware enough to get some pics of Noah in his little tux! Its fun to see him all dressed up, but I'm a little nervous about his role in this wedding. There is the prideful side of me that wants him to be on his best behavior the whole time and do exactly what he needs to do. But all you parents out there know that that is not always the case. And its the times when you are hoping for the best behavior when the temper tantrums always occur! I suppose I should really pray that however Noah acts tomorrow, we can be examples of Godly parents in dealing with him around everyone.
Noah has a love/hate relationship with fruit. He will love them for a while and then not want anymore for a while. He came into his room with me the other day, and then went back to the kitchen and brought back this whole bowl of blueberries! I suppose he's getting all his antioxidants all at one time...no need to spread it out:)

Noah is such a Daddy's boy. I think he brings up Daddy atleast every hour until Aaron comes home from work. So of course, whatever Daddy is doing, Noah needs to be doing too. He wears a bandana around outside just like Daddy and LOVES to wear Daddy's earplugs. Half the time they aren't even on his ears, but he doesn't care.

Noah is really into dipping his food. I have FINALLY figured out that he will eat alot more of the stuff if he can only dip it. Last night, though, he went a little crazy with the pasta sauce...This isn't the end picture, but it gives you an idea...the sauce ends up everywhere and it takes quite a while to clean all the places it ends up!:)

And finally, where would we be without friends! Noah has a buddy in Jake, a frieds 10 year old. They play together so well and Jake really looks out for Noah. They came over to play today and Noah has an obesssion with this go-go (aka motercycle). The only problem is that the battery isn't working right now. But thankfully, (for me!) Jake pushed/pulled him all around the yard. Noah was in 7th heaven!

0 comments: