Friday, November 19, 2010

Turning 30

Soo...just turned the dreaded 3-0. Okay, so not really so dreaded and horrible, but it was hard to swallow and accept that my carefree 20's were all behind me. Thankfully I have some really great friends who reminded me of all I have to be thankful for...
-yummy delicious mexican food made just for me
-amazing desserts that just kept coming all weekend
-guacamole
-special plates and cups bought just for the occasion
-a friend who lets me be me
-comfortability
-going to extra effort to make it special while being so close to
welcoming her little boy
-boys who like to play together
-a friend so near
-flowers to brighten the room
-hugs that make anything better
-Someone so invested in my children
-food so good you can't help but wear it
-that goofy grin
-unconditional love
-stubornness (it WILL pay off some day!)
-the thoughtful and sweet gifts bestowed upon me throughout
the day (even when I really didn't wish for a trash truck:))
-the love of brothers
-the sponge for a mind -friends to share it all with
-answered prayers
-laughter
-silliness
-people willing to take time to celebrate with me
-a husband who loves me
-support and encouragement
-a willing participant in parenting
-a visual reminder of God's love
-Love Dares that challenge me to grow
-creating a day full of great memories
-health to make it to 30
-faraway family who make me feel special
-a God who has blessed me with it all
...and that's just the start:)

1 comments:

Juanita Longanbach said...

Awe, you are precious :) I'm glad you had such a wonderful birthday. 30 is weird, it's like we have to be all grown up now. Love you all, hugs all around!