Thursday, June 09, 2011

What we've been up to

Sadly, I went to upload pics today to discover that I haven't kept up very well on the picture taking. Oops! Well, I do have good reasons, which I shall go into later. But for now, I'll show you what we have been up to.
Forts! Noah has always been into building forts. but even more so lately.
And what's better than building the fort? EATING in the fort!
(This picture just goes to show that gone is the toddler that use to be Breven. He is now a full fledged boy with lots of attitude and opinions.)
And speaking of growing up, I think this one's just aged a couple of years recently. He's getting so independent and I think he's counting the days until preschool starts.:) Have I mentioned that I'm not ready for that yet?!?!
I love how willing he is to help out when we ask and he's not afraid to talk to anyone. He'll start up a conversation and keep the person talking, well, listening really for way longer than they ever thought:)
And the boys definitely have to have some boy bonding experiences, and whats better than a little guitar hero.
Starting their own rock band:)
I love the look of concentration. The guitar can't be played with the game, but B's gonna make it work for him anyways!
And finally, do you notice anything unusual about this picture? Yeah, thats right. That giant, huge, white cast my poor husband is sporting these days! A lot of our time is spent right here, in the middle of a big pile of legos!
Wednesday night hubby went to go play basketball with the boys at church and came hobbling home several hours later. Turns out he tore his achilles tendon. (and for those of you counting, yes, its the second one he's torn!) The bummer this time is that its on the right foot so he can't even drive the tractor, much less the car.
The boys were troopers through all of the drs. visits, the 4 hour wait while Daddy had surgery Friday and even still as Daddy can't do all that he normally would be doing.
It will be a long road of recovery for Aaron, but we're choosing to look on the bright side...tons of family time, a completed kitchen before all this drama and a little bit slower summer:)
(BTW-Breven wanted to show you his latest creation...Egg men!)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Dan didn't tell me all that! Aaron definitely gets some sweet & sour meatballs!