Saturday, July 28, 2012

Colorado 2012 Part 3

My Grandma turned 100!
So we decided a party was in order. But that involved a slight detour to Kansas. 9 hours and a tire blow out later, we were able to spend some time with her and celebrate her 100 years.:)

We were in hour into our late night drive, the boys were fast asleep, things were going well, when we heard a pop and my dad pulled right over.  Thankfully, we were safe and thanks to 3 strong men, we were back on the road again in record time. Unfortunately, that meant my boys were wide awake! 

She was so excited to see us. Her memory isn't what it used to be, but she remembered that we had driven a long way to see her.


I love all the work and love represented by these hands


Time to Party! B really wanted to talk to Grandma. 



Sad to be missing a few key players in our family, and N looks like he's having a fabulous time:) 


And we just gotta show our muscles:) Go figure that the one person who really wanted this picture isn't showing his muscles.


The boys loved getting some snuggle time in with Uncle D. Couldn't believe B wanted a blanket in the middle of the one the hottest summers I can remember!

N loves to be in charge. And driving engineering his "train" was right up his alley. He must have driven the same short little course pulling other kids atleast a hundred times.


One of the highlights of our trip for the boys was visiting a combine working in the fields.


I love the relationships that my family has with my children. Even though we are separated most of the year, N & B have such great role models around them.



Love my L! The few times I get to see my nieces, I can't help but wish for more time with them. And apparently, tractors are appealing to girls too.

The dreams and possibilities that await this little boy are endless. To be awed by something so normal and ordinary to the rest of us...





They both got a turn riding in the combine while it cut the wheat. What a special treat. I can tell you that if we lived closer, I wouldn't be able to keep these 2 away. 




                                                  Any one know of a combine for sale?!?!


0 comments: