Monday, April 28, 2008

Butterfly Gardens

We went up to the Butterfly Garden in Grand Rapids last weekend. It was amazing! There were so many butterflies! And the plants and flowers were beautiful too! There is one butterfly that looks very camoflauged from the bottom, but the top was this beautiful iridescent blue color. But every time they landed, the folded up their wings so that all you saw was the camaflauge. But because I thought it was so beautiful, my sweet husband kept camera ready and tried the whole time to get a picture of the top of the butterfly. Unfortunately, he wasn't able to get a picture, but I thought it was wonderful to him to try!!
What are we doing here, again? And what is a butterfly??



What do you think? I think I'd make a pretty good butterfly.


The whole time we were there, I just kept thinking...if God loves these butterflies enough to make them all so beautiful (and there were a ton of different species!), then how much more must he love you and me?

OHHH...there goes another one!!

Mommy and her lovebug!

Look at me! I can do it all by myself!



I thought this was a cool plant...not sure what it is, but the petals were the same "material" as the leaves.

Our friends...PJ, Lai & Bowen


Doesn't he looks so big?!?!?

To remind everyone that he is definitely not perfect!


Our sculpture in progress...

Noah's amazing Discovery!!


WOW! What's that?

Let's go check it out...


Its a giant horse!!

Think I can ride it, Daddy?

This thing is enormous!!!


Hi, Bo-Bo!

He's wants to be so independant.


My best friend, Bo-bo

0 comments: