Monday, May 05, 2008

The Big Reveal!!

Okay, okay....I know some of you are getting anxious about seeing the big reveal, so here you go:):)

Here are several before photos (again, not bad, but we were definitely ready for a change!)




And then the work begins. There were so many phases of painting that we thought it would never end.:) We joked that Noah must be so confused because when he would wake up each morning, the house would be different or rearranged.

Noah loved having such a big open space to play and run around.



When we started painting the brown, we were a little scared. It was a little more gold than we were thinking it would be. And the wet color was definitely a lot more yellow gold than the dry brown color. We decided to paint all the brown color before we could make a true opinion of it. Once we finished, we decided that we really liked the color. It makes the room feel so warm.



We even wore Noah out in the process:)

The front entry way, and hallway are a lighter shade of the same brown.


I thought you'd enjoy seeing what it was like to paint above the stairs. Thankfully, some friends of ours had built a platform that we could put our ladder on to reach the whole wall.

The Big Reveal!!


And the infamous entertainment center:)
(more to come in a future post:))

4 comments:

Christine said...

It looks great, Emily! Great work! I love the colors. They are so warm - great choice.

THE BEATH FAMILY said...

Gorgeous--Dear Emily!
I never doubted it would be lovely and you're right...I've been anxiously awaiting the big reveal!
I still think your best work has been that darling little boy of yours!
Thinking of you!
Have a great day!
Jacki

shell said...

Looks so great!! I love the colors too!!! I still have that nativity for you from ethiopia-I keep forgetting to bring it!

Rita said...

It looks great! The entertainment center seems to go perfectly. What is your next project?! :)
Can I use those same colors in MY living room? Just kidding?!