Friday, July 30, 2010

4 wheeling trip!!

In the middle of our time together in Colorado, we were able to go on a 4 wheeling trip up to the mountains with the whole Langness family. And it was such a nice break from reality and chance to see my mountains!
My love and I
Esha just wanted to make sure Noah knew who was really in charge.
I love that silly little grin. Mention the word food and this is what you'll see.
There was beauty all around us. It was amazing and we enjoyed it to the fullest!
Before I show you the next pic, I thought I'd show you Noah's first ride on a 4 wheeler. He was pretty little and we went pretty slow, but I think it was the beginning of a passion for my son.
Because it was all he could talk about before it happened and after 63 miles on our second day, he got off and told us all that we needed to do that again tomorrow!
(He was such a trooper. He didn't complain at all and really enjoyed being on the machines. He has already claimed this 4 wheeler as his own. At one point, he did fall asleep and my wonderful husband held his helmet up with one arm while steering and driving with the other-for an hour!)
Our cabin for the trip. The perfect retreat from the daily grind.
And the grandparents thrived on all the grandchildren time.
It was fun to wake up and see Poppi already outside waiting for a chance to hold him. And tell him about the God that made all the creation he saw.
We rode on a couple of different passes that took us up to 12,000 feet. Its amazing how much you can see from there.
This silly HHR thought it would be a good idea to go up the pass too. They are just about to the top of this 12 thousand foot mountain and how it got that far is beyond me. And why they thought it was a good idea is equally as puzzling.
My baby's getting so big
Our caravan taking a quick snack break
Can't you just see the ear splitting grin under that helmet?
Our first day we drove about 20 miles with Uncle Flip, Poppi, Aaron Noah and I.
The second day we drove about 63 miles with Uncle Micah, Auntie Chicku, Poppi, Aaron, Noah and I. It was Chicku's first ride and I was so impressed with how well she handled it all.
Unfortunately, the whole reason we were driving so far became just out of our reach. The Alpine Tunnel and turntable was something we were all looking forward to seeing, but it would have taken us too long to get there and back so we're saving that for next time.
And of course, what's a trip to the mountains without some rock throwing and feet washing in the mountain lake?
Noah loved watching Poppi throw all the big rocks into the lake and kept bringing him bigger and bigger rocks.
But something tells me the little boy still inside enjoyed it just as much as Noah did:)
The view from our cabin. We went to a Hot Springs resort and it was so nice after a long day of riding to go soak in the hot springs.
Isn't she adorable? I had so much fun getting to know my niece and she wanted you all to meet her monkey. Atleast Breven will understand her love of a monkey:)
Langness Family 2010
We love you all and thanks for all the work that went into making this a great trip!!!

1 comments:

Nature Notes from Nadvornia said...

What an incredible trip! That looks like such a blast; a great combination of fun and relaxation in the middle of gorgeous moutainsides! Way to go, you guys! Love the pics of Lolli and Poppi with their grandkids!