Thursday, December 02, 2010

Another tradition

A friend introduced me to a great new tradition that I'd like to share with the boys.
Counting down the 25 days to Christmas by upwrapping a new book each night and reading together as a family.
I've been collecting books all year long and I went to pull them out and wrap them...and it turns out I only have 13. Sooo, maybe we'll do the 12 days before Christmas until we can add to it. (hello, after Christmas sales!!!)
I've been thinking alot about traditions this year and what I want to carry on to my children. (if you didn't already guess) I've been thinking about how I can make Christmas day more about Christ and less about "what I'm getting". I've come up with some great ideas, but I'd love to hear more...what traditions do you have to make it more Christ-centered? Any ideas or suggestions for me?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the 25 books before Christmas tradition...what about twelve days before Christ...
1 baby born in a manger
2 Mary and Joseph at the inn
3 wise men looking for the Savior
4 shepherds watching over
5 animals in the stable
and so on...?!?!?!?
Em, I know that you can take this and run with it :)
Miss you all...happy birthday Noah, Love, AM and UM

Robb and Melissa said...

LOVE the book tradition. We might need to piggy back on that one... :-)