Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Birthday celebrations

My big 4 year old! We spent the evening at some friends house to get some stuff ready for his big party the next weekend. He has surprised me a lot recently...When asked what we should have for dessert for his actual birthday, he asked for pudding. I can't tell you the last time we had pudding!
Little man is so proud of himself. He's finally beat Daddy!
The biggest surprise N gave me recently was when I asked what kind of cake he wanted for his party. We had been talking about fire trucks and I just assumed it would be a firetruck cake, but no...only a TRASH TRUCK would do for this 4 year old.
How on earth do you throw a trash truck birthday party?!?!?
But in typical Emy fashion, I dove in head first and found that we actually had quite a lot of fun getting "Trashed" at his party:)
His trash truck cake.
I have to admit, I really had a hard time deciding what games to play. The problem: half of the people Noah wanted to invite to the party were adults. There weren't actually any other 4 year olds. The people he invited ranged from 1 to 30ish:) And trying to find games that would be fun for all ages (with a trash truck theme) was really hard!! Aaron and I didn't finally nailed down just what we would be doing and how the party would go until the night before. But once we came up with the games, my husband did a great job figuring it all out and making it fun and challenging for all.
We played
-"dig for the clothes pins and paper clips" in shredded paper (which I should mention was Breven's favorite area. He was pulling shredded paper out by the handful)
-shoot newspaper trashballs into a trashcan
-Put on a trash truck worker jumpsuit (spin around 5 times and try to get it on)
Wouldn't he make such a cute trashman? Okay, so its a little big, but there's plenty of room to grow. (and plenty of time too, if Mama has anything to say about it)
I gotta sneak in a snuggle
We also had fun with the food. We made
-Junkyard dogs (corn dogs)
-Chicken scraps (chicken fingers)
-Moldy cheese wheels (quesadillas)
-Veggie Debris and sludge (veggies and dip)
-Fruitfly friendly fruit
Overall, the night was a success! Noah loved it and you could tell he was in his element with all his favorite Indiana people around him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't usually feel badly if I'm not able to go to a party BUT while looking at your pictures & reading about the details, I was a little sad to have missed out on all the fun!! Did the"trash truck" cake taste as good as it looked?
LOVE u 4 & see u soon. Lolli

Robb and Melissa said...

SUPER creative Birthday ideas, Emy! You could write a book! We love you, Noah - - we hope your golden birthday was perfect!!
Love,
Uncle Robb, Auntie Melissa and baby Lily