Sunday, December 12, 2010

Oh the places you'll go!

When I stare into the black eyes of my little boy, I can't help but think of where he will go...
Oh, the Places You'll Go!
by Dr. Seuss (and some Mommy paraphrases)

Congratulations!
Today's a great day.
You're off to Great Places!
You're off and away!
You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
If God's direction you choose
You've got nothing to lose.
KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!
What more can I say.
Your mountain is waiting.
So...get on your way!
Happy 4th birthday, Lovebug! So hard to believe it has already been 4 years!! Can you please stop growing?! Maybe I'll borrow that brick my parents always threatened to use to stop me from growing.
Your Daddy and I are so excited to watch you grow into such a great big brother, friend to others and child of God. We pray daily that you will chose God's way above your own and that you would listen to these 2 crazy people God is using to raise you:)
We love you!!
Mommy and Daddy
(Editors note: While I am fully aware that this is well beyond his actual birthday, the meaning is still the same:))

0 comments: