Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Trip to see Family part 1

We spent our last weekend of April on a special trip. My cousin was getting married in Kansas and we wanted to go and celebrate with her. We spent our first day on the road for 12 hours and surprisingly, it was a great day.
We were all pleasantly surprised with how fast the day went by and how much fun we had hanging out together.
Although I do have to admit that I was eating my words all weekend. Before kids came, I couldn't understand why people needed DVD players in the cars and decided that I wouldn't have on in my car. And let me tell you that that was just plain dumb:)
While I don't endorse letting them watch throughout the entire drive, having the occasional movie to break things up a bit and help them relax makes the trip much happier on everyone involved.
Hey, you'd be pretty upset if you had to sit in the same position for 12 hours straight too!
We spent the night at a hotel and got a chance to get some wiggles out at the pool. The boys loved it although Breven decided he much preferred the hot "bathtub" to the cold "bathtub":)
We let the kids set when we would take off for the last leg of the trip and when they were awake and entertaining each other at 5:30, we decided to go with it.
We got to my grandma's nursing home/old apartment around lunch time and went to go and visit her. I was so bummed to see I didn't get any pictures of us with her (she's 99!), but I think there was enough going on without getting a camera in her face too. And the highlight of the trip to visit Grandma was...
her rising recliner.
Even Daddy got in on the fun!
After a visit to my Aunt and Uncle's farm (post coming later), we got to meet up with my 2 brothers, their wives and my niece Lily! The boys had fun entertaining her and playing together.
Love the big baby blues!
And the boys loved having Uncle Robb to play and wrestle with again.
And at one point in the weekend, Noah had gotten some gumballs and was convinced that Uncle Robb needed one. He spent quite a while trying to get Uncle Robb to open his mouth until finally Uncle Mikey took pity on him and helped him out. I think it surprised Noah just as much as Robb when the gumball finally made it into his mouth.:)
Saturday morning, my Aunt and Uncle were gracious enough to host Noah when he decided he had had enough sleep and wanted something to do. Rather than waking us up, he went upstairs until he found someone awake (Aunt Fern) and proceeded to charm her into everything a four year old could desire first thing in the morning-cinnamon rolls and a movie:) He also thought it wise to tell her that when he wasn't feeling well (like he said he was then), M&M's helped make him feel better! Sneaky little boy!
And thanks to my Aunt Fern and Uncle Galen, we were able to all hang out together and get some good time together.

1 comments:

Robb said...

That was a fun weekend! Can't wait to see you agin when you come out this summer.
Lily loved playing with her big cousins!