Thursday, August 18, 2011

Colorado part 1

Colorado was so much fun. We just got back from an extended stay and wow, did we pack alot in! But I think we got it all done and now we're thankful for home, familiarity and schedules (this Mama's definitely thankful for the routine and schedule again!!)
Would you like to see what we were up to out there?
One of the first stops the boys make is to the gravel backyard at my parents house. They have so much fun being little supervisors and drivers with all that construction equipment. And this year, my dad had done a complete overhaul of all the equipment. It all looks brand new! Thanks Dad for all your hard work. I only wish it wouldn't have rained quite so much so that we could have played more back there.
The equipment last year...what a difference a coat of paint can make!
The love of Papa runs deep.
Noah...for once, could you please take a normal picture?!?!
A visit in to see Grandma Langness (she's 90!!) I love that Esha (the boys' cousin) is giving us a great view into her eyeball.:)
We went and spent the night with my brother and his family. Lily just turned one and it was so much fun to see her do more than sleep this year:) We had so much fun but the highlight for the boys was the ride on the lightrail and trip into the Lego store. You would have thought they had just won the lottery:)
Robb, this one's for breaking my hippo!!:)
We were able to make several trips to the fantastic zoo and we loved seeing one of my favorite animals....the elephant! Noah really wanted to show you what noise an elephant makes.
Between Aaron's best friend's family, his college roommates family and ours we are a crowd of boys. Hopefully the 2 babies due in the next few months will help even the numbers a little. (and no, we are not adding to that number)
Mama, if only I could get this close to a real one!
One of my biggest accomplishments (and my Moms too) was the organization of her room. We spent the better part of a week working on it and I was in 7th heaven helping her find a place for all of her many crafts.
(Just don't ask me when she's ever going to have time to get to them all!)
We also had a chance to have 2 out of my three brothers down for a weekend to hang out all together and really enjoyed that. I loved seeing Noah being so sweet to Lily, wanting to play with her and wanting to teach her how to pass the ball.
I will always remember this as bathtime at my parents house. My dad was sweet enough to volunteer to give them baths every night while we were with them. One night it was just a little too quiet for me so I went to check out what was going on. B was contentedly playing while Papa took a quick nap on the floor:)
And this is most definitely going into his "will be using this for his senior year book photo collection". He decided to do this all by himself! Thankfully, he was still in good spirits at this point of the trip...

0 comments: