Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Colorado part 3

I love that the boys have cousins now. And that they are getting to ages where they can really interact and play together. We spent a great morning at the zoo with some of Aaron's family and had a ball. Have I mentioned how much I love that zoo yet?!?:)
I can't explain why, but this picture just cracked me up...
The kids got a chance to see a couple of Hippos up close and personal. And man are they bigger than Gloria from Madagascar!
Lolli treated everyone to a couple of rides on the carousel and the kids loved it. After 2 rounds, we had 2 more punches left on our card to use up and since we couldn't let just 2 of the three kids go, Lolli made an executive decision...
...the 2 Mama's would ride. And man, did it feel weird to ride without holding onto a child. I loved the little audience we had in our kids and the love we felt as with each rotation of the carousel, we heard many "Hi, Mama!"'s and "I love you!"'s coming from our audience.
The Lolli makes a much more comfortable seat than any other.
Noah enjoyed having his face painted (as an elephant) but sadly, it didn't last long as shortly after this picture, he got lost. I've never experienced a 'lost child' episode before and I'd rather not go through it again.
He loves to exercise his independence and will often go ahead of us with me having to call him back and remind him to stay close. After one such time of having him walk ahead, I stopped for a few minutes to get a drink. As I turned around, I heard my mom-in-love say "Hey, where's Noah" at the same time as I'm thinking it.
I make a quick scan of the area and start to back track through the zoo. And sure enough, there's Noah, fat crocodile tears ruining his face painting with a large crowd surrounding him. (That kid knows how to draw a crowd!) Sufficed to say, he stayed pretty close to me for the rest of our trip!
Another day, the boys got to experience a whole land of bounce houses with our friends Steph and Beau. N was in heaven, B not so much. As I watched B spend a minute or two in the bounce house, and then spend the next 10 minutes next to me, I realized that I have a true introvert in B. He'd rather be away from the crowd and explore when no one else is around. After having Mr. Social himself, having an introvert is a whole new mindset. Just another way in which my boys are COMPLETE opposites.:)
Noah couldn't get enough. I couldn't keep track of him for all the running between bouncers.
B found a friend in Beau. I love that they are only a couple months apart. Here's hoping their friendship will blossom in the years ahead!
We had these boys running, but thankfully, alot of it was fun stuff they enjoyed doing:) Nonni took Noah and I to Whit's End for a morning of exploring. We've just discovered Adventures in Odyssey and Noah can't get enough. So he loved exploring where they make the episodes.
"Look Uncle Danny. I can play the harmonica just like you. Too bad you couldn't be here too, we could have had a harmonica band!"
I'm bummed this is the only picture of my friend Steph, but I'm glad that she enjoyed spending time with the boys. I love that my friends in CO can have a relationship with my kids.
We had a couple of days with a sick N. Thankfully, they happened during a break in our schedule, but being sick on vacation is such a bummer!
I have really enjoyed watching my brother and his wife as they take on the role of parents. There is no doubt this little girl is loved!
And a cuddle moment with my boy!

0 comments: