Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Blessed

I came to a realization this week. Okay, I've known this all along, but it became very evident this week...

God has blessed me with an amazing child!

Now, I know that God blesses every parent with this, but I feel particularly blessed. After having so many aunts, uncles and friends around to keep him entertained and happy, I was afraid of the after-effects...a screaming, unhappy child who would only be happy when I was holding him. But Noah has really surprised me this week. He has maintained that ability to entertain himself so I can get a few extra things done. The picture above is one such instance. I set him down with a basket of books and he had a ball. Yes, they ended up all over the place, but thats the only way to make it truely fun, right?!?!:)

Yesterday, Noah had his doctors appointment. He is right on schedule...in the 92 percentile for his height & 43 percentile for his weight. Which means he is a tall, skinny child. (Aaron can only figure that his stature comes from my side of the family:)) He did have to have blood drawn and I think this was the first time in all the poking and proding they've done that I actually got teary eyed. They took a while to find a vein and when they finally did, they stuck the needle in his arm and then started moving it all around looking for the vein. Noah was, of course, screaming bloody murder and I was in charge of holding him down. A job I hope I don't have to repeat all that often! When that didn't work, they used his toe. They squeezed for each individual drop! They put a bandage on his toe and as we were driving on to our next stop, I looked back and saw him trying to get it off with his teeth:)

Finally, let me leave you with a few verses that have given me joy lately....

James 1:17Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

Psalm 127:3-5
Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well of course he is wonderful!! He takes after his grandparents, each of us!!!!! What a joy to see our children enjoying their children!!!!!!!! Love you Nonni

Anonymous said...

That is a great picture of a happy kid. We'll be holding him soon. It was so good to see his daddy here this past weekend. Love you all.
Dad D