Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Don't change that channel!!

WAIT!! Don't go anywhere!
If you are here to check out the lastest in the life of Noah and his mommy and daddy...don't change the channel. We're still here. We were just in need of a change. I have been trying to find a new blog background and finally found a site that could actually be applied to my blog. SO...TA DA! What do you think? There are some crazy options out there (who honestly wants a row of beer cans at the bottom, or a picture of Brittany Spears?!?!?) Hopefully this allows my creative side to show while still being fitting for 2 boys:) Hey-I could have had butterflies...
Things have been slowly getting back to normal for us...although we have had a sick little boy. And he is turning into a little whiner when he is sick:) He has had temperatures floating between 100 and 104 since Friday. It finally broke this morning and go figure...its under normal temperature at 96.5! Noah just enjoys keeping me on my toes. He has discovered the word "hold" although it sounds a bit more like "hole" and then reaches up his arms to us. He pretty much did this the whole weekend. My arms have had quite the workout recently.
Our stove broke 4 weeks ago and I have been without one ever since. You never appreciate something until you don't have it anymore! And I defintely didn't give my stove enough credit! Half way through the 4 weeks, we had a new stove delivered only to discover that it was damaged on top. I could have handled a scratch or dent on the side, but a dent on the top with paint missing would really bug me. So, we had to wait an extra couple of weeks to finally get a new one...and it came today!!! Thank goodness!!! Unfortunately, Aaron can't hook it up for a couple of days, so we'll still have to go without it, but knowing that we are so close makes it easier to be patient!
Side note: As I'm typing this out...complaining about my lack of stove...it hit me that I am so spoiled by living in America! I'm sure there are people who go without a stove all the time...or even food. I need to be thankful that we can afford to replace the one that broke! Thank you Lord for this blessing!!
We are enjoying life at a much slower speed. The weather has been beautiful and it has been so much fun having friends so close. I'm really looking forward to a fun summer!

Noah brought this to me one day and wanted to put it on. He wore it the whole afternoon and evening!:)

Playdough was a staple at our house growing up and so of course, it will be a staple in my house. This was our first time making it for Noah and he wasn't quite sure what to think about it. He tried licking it and when he found it to hot (you make it with boiling water) he started blowing on it (see pic below). The faces were so funny, but I think he is finally getting the hang out it and actually enjoying it. (looking at this picture...he is getting so big...sitting on a stool all by himself!)

This was the way Noah felt all weekend...needless to say, we are thankful he is feeling better

Playing with his tools...He's ready to build his first project, Papa!


He LOVES the cars. He could sit in them for hours if we let him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes! and Amen for blessings from
God in all forms!! The backdrop is
appealing,I had a warning pop up
that I followed the directions too,
but it did not change the status on the taskbar, which I never detected any flaws. Guess what?
It's not on the taskbar in this
comment window! Love u 3,Lolli

Rita said...

Love the new look! It is so much easier to redecorate your blog than your living room. maybe that will be my next project!

Anonymous said...

So sorry that Noah's been sick! :-( No fun at all to have a sick little one. Looking forward to seeing you on Weds, if you're both still feeling better!
Kristin