Monday, June 23, 2008

A quick laugh at my naivety

Funny story:

The town we live in, in fact all the towns around where we live have very few parks. There are none in my area. And I have really wished to have something nearby. One time, I wanted to surprise Aaron with a picnic and we drove around for an hour and a half trying to find something. We finally settled on the pond/island area in the middle of a nearby subdivision.
So, fast forward...I am constantly on the lookout for anything nearby. One day a couple of months ago, I thought I saw a sign for a state park, but didn't have the time to investigate. I finally made some time to go and check it out. Sure enough, it had all of the normal signs you would see for a park...camping, boating, picnicking...so I decided to go in for a look. After a little drive, I was met with a huge gate and fencing all the way around. (what kind of park would do that?!??!)
I turned around, went back out to the entrance and looked at the sign again...it said....
family naturist park!!!!!
Thank goodness for the fencing or I would have gotten the show of my life!
Looks like I'll just have to keep looking.

5 comments:

Rita said...

Can you believe it! In Indiana! Next time, ask for help - I don't want you overexposed!

shell said...

I know many people who have driven up to that gate!!! Hilarious!

Anonymous said...

..or should u " READ all signs completely before entering?! Thanks for taking in AM & UM for Tues- Thurs. Love u 3, Yah-yee

Aaron and Emily said...

Technically, I did. I just didn't put 2 and 2 together until I saw the gate and went back and read it. I had to come home and look it up to really understand.:)

Anonymous said...

Yea,those"new millenium" re-names
get me frequently,too! See u late
Tues-night, it's starting 2 get exciting! love u 3,Yah-yee