Friday, June 27, 2008

Pool party, big helper and bugs

This week has been an interesting week of just hanging out at home. There were a couple of days I wasn't feeling good and trying to rest and take care of one active 1 year old don't really go together. But thankfully I'm feeling much better and still struggling to keep up with said little boy.
We had a pool party last week with a bunch of moms and had a great time. Noah wasn't so sure of the water at first but once he was in for a few minutes he really started to enjoy himself and see this as one giant bath tub. He was splashing and kicking and generally having a ball. I was teaching him to kick his legs and the whole rest of the day, all I heard was "kick, kick, kick!"



Having fun with some of the other boys.

All of us Moms even had a deal going that we all had to go down the slide. After lots of joking, teasing and antogonizing, I got up the guts, went to the slide and said that after I went, all the other moms had to go too! And we all did!!! It was fun to be a kid for just a few seconds.

So, after Noah fell out of the bed, we decided it was time to move it down to the lowest setting. We had to take the mattress out and Noah enjoyed showing us how he sleeps. He also got out his tool box and proceeded to help daddy fix the crib:)

A couple of weeks ago, I mowed the whole yard with Noah in the back pack. Very tiring, but you have to be resourceful as a mom and Noah LOVED it. He tends to lean towards one side though, so he can see the mower. So, Noah finally talked Daddy into letting him ride along for at least a little of the mowing last week.

Our big helper! He wants to be right there helping out all the time:)

Noah ate a bug this week. Yes, you heard me right. He asked me to open his window so he could talk to the outside world. I saw a bug on the sill, but didn't think much of it since he hasn't shown interest in the past and is (supposedly) past the putting everything into the mouth stage. I went back into the office to do some work while he played in his room. A few minutes later, he came out all hunched over and coughing into his hands. I came over to see what was wrong only to see bug guts all over his hands and shirt and mouth. YUCK!!! I guess he got the extra protein he needed!


I walked by his room the other day to see him like this...little daredevil!!! He was so proud of himself.

And finally, a sidenote: when you need to keep a little boy clean...don't give him a crumbly muffin. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thankfully Noah's daddy or uncles gave me that kind of clean-up! I'm still shuddering & making faces. Love u 3, Yah-yee

Kim & Dave said...

Well, isn't he adorable?

Kim Dillon from NE in CO Springs.