Thursday, June 12, 2008

Summer fun

We decided to play in the sprinklers last week with Lai and Bowen. Noah wasn't so sure it was a good idea. He wouldn't go anywhere near the water on his own. So, Mommy helped to enlighten him on why sprinklers are such a great idea on a hot summer day!

I also got my hair cut...pretty short. More short than I really wanted, but I figured if I was going to cut it, I would cut it for a good cause. So I cut it for Pantene's Beautiful Lengths, kind of like Locks of Love, but you only need 8 inches as opposed to the 10 inches for Locks of Love. And so even though it is so short, I really enjoy it. Less maintenance and much cooler!!!


Bowen sure enjoyed the sprinklers!

Noah really did not!

My big helper! He loves to be right in the middle of things helping me out. Sometimes...its just easier to let him get the "work" done:):)

I'll have to save this picture for the future to remind me someday when he is mad at me for making him help around the house that at one point, he WANTED to help:)

Our old stove is out in the garage waiting to go to stove heaven and we took off a knob for something and pretty soon Noah found it. There are some days a dial like this would be nice to have for him:)

How can you resist a face like this?!?!

Aaron and I were cleaning out the garage this weekend and I turned to find Noah totally engrossed in his wagon. He was getting in and out, opening the door, sitting on each seat, bringing rocks in and out...he kept himself completely entertained for quite a while.

This blanket is Noah's first love. He is constantly asking for it, wanting it. And whenever he finally finds it, he has to check to make sure it really is his beloved blanket with a test sleep. Here, he is demonstrating that for you:)

Mr. Personality! When I was growing up, my little brother would wake up and the first thing he would do is put on his cowboy hat and boots. I think Noah is trying to follow in his footsteps:) This morning, when we were picking out Noah's clothes, he saw his hat and insisted that I get it for him. He put it on and actually left it on for quite a while.


We also went strawberry picking yesterday. It was so much fun. Noah had a blast with the 2 other boys that went with us. And at first, he avoided the strawberries but soon started to warm up. Pretty soon, he was handed a piece of strawberry to eat and suddenly he couldn't get enough!!! He kept eating and eating and eating!!! He had strawberry juice all over his face, dripping down his chin, all over his hands, down to his elbows and all over his clothes! It was hysterical! Unfortunately, I couldn't bring the camera (too much for me to keep track of at the same time), but a friend did. When I get the pics from her, I'll post them because they were just too funny! (BTW-for those of you who don't know...Noah does not like fruit! For him to be eating this much fruit was a miracle and I wasn't about to let a couple of stains interfere with his sudden interest!)
Blast from the past!!!


I took this picture yesterday and it reminded me so much of a picture taken not so long ago, okay almost a year and a half (Dec. 2006)...but how alike they are. And really how different! Noah looks HUGE now. (the upper pic is supposed to be in the same direction as the lower pic, but for some reason it will only post it like this, so you'll just have to turn your head:))




Okay, so I found a better pic of Noah in his Tux. This is definitely better than mine, but still not his whole body:) What a cutie!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's short!!but it also grows very
fast!Thanks for thememory "proof" I did turn my head for the fun of
it. Your Mom said the TUX had TAILS
any pic' of that? Oh, for sure u
have to save the "happy to help"
pic' for future "blackmailing" opps
I mean "encouragement"!! Love u 3,
Lolli

Anonymous said...

I really like your new haircut and hey, it always grows back!!! =)
I just cut a little over 6 inches off today! I wish I had known about this one... 2 more inches and I could have donated! I've donated to Locks of Love a few times but my hair was much longer! Love the new pics of Noah.. what a cutie pie! He's so big now! Hope to see you all next time your in Colorado! I'll be living here until January!