Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Rockstar

Took B to have his 18 month pics done last week and what started out as a great morning quickly became something much more different than I had in mind.
Side note: I've learned that when taking pictures for one of them, I need a great distraction for the other (i.e. the portable DVD player). It allows me to focus solely on the child being coaxed into smiling and the other doesn't feel neglected.
So, I brought along the DVD player and a movie Noah had chosen and while waiting for our turn, began to set him up in a corner with his movie. Turns out...the DVD was still in the player back home. No DVD. Note for next time: check the movie case before taking it with me.
I considered running out and grabbing one of Target's $5 movies but in the mean time he found a motorcycle similar to his at home and I stupidly thought it would hold his attention.
Ummmm...sorry Mommy, you just made your second mistake.
So what was supposed to be an "easy" picture session turned into:
"Noah, please don't throw the ball at Breven while he's getting his picture taken"
"Breven, stand on the red dot"
"Smile, B"
"Okay, B. How about a snack. Will that make you smile?"
"Noah, please go behind the camera. These are pics of B right now"
"Breven, get back on the red dot"
"Noah, why don't you go play with the motorcycle again?"
"B, smile!"
"Noah, please stop throwing the balls"
"Breven, want a snack? Smile for the camera and you can have it."
"Noah, stop messing with the camera cord"
"Breven, you need to stand on the red dot"
"Noah these are B's pictures. You'll get yours taken later. Please get off the red dot"
"Breven, smile!"
"Noah....please sit still!!!"
"Breven. You need to sit still too!"
Okay, so you get the idea...I was EXHAUSTED after that. I don't know how the picture people do it all the time!
And while trying to keep them both in their respective places, Noah kept asking the lady to take a picture of him like a rockstar. We finally agreed to let him pose for 1 picture...
...so this is what a rockstar looks like.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was hillarious! Your boys are the best - and so are you.
Pappa

Anonymous said...

Is this the true "Stop in the name of love..." pose that has never been seen? I can only imagine what your time was like, but I did get some good chuckles as I pictured it all!!!!
Love you Nonni