Monday, February 11, 2008

Vacation Pre-Aaron

WOW, how time flies! Its hard to believe that it has already been 3 weeks since Noah and I stepped off the plane into the land of blue skies and mountains:)

We have kept very busy seeing friends and family, but I enjoyed every moment. Its just hard to think its over...until next time!

We started the first weekend with a first ever night for me away from Noah. My parents watched Noah while I attended Mary's bachelorette party. We had so much fun! It was a great night of girl time and relaxation. And I wasn't worried a bit about Noah! (aren't you impressed?!?) Then Noah and I went and spent the night with my little brother Mikey and his wife, Meghan. We enjoyed watching Noah try something new (which you will see in a post further down).

It seemed that during the last 3 weeks, Noah has grown up so much! He started really walking all over and words were coming out all over the place. I love watching his enthusiasm for everything and wanting to be involved in it all:):) I also loved watching everyone, my parents in particular, as they interacted with Noah. It is those moments that make it really hard to be so far away from our families. But I also wouldn't trade where God has placed us for anything. All I can say is that God has blessed us so richly!!

It was definitely hard being a single parent and this week was a great reminder of how involved Aaron really is in every area with Noah.

Below are pictures of our adventures before Aaron joined us...

Noni was such a HUGE help with Noah. Thank you Noni and Papa for enduring the hardship of watching Noah so much for us!:)

Poppi makes a great playmate!
Noah is explaining to Poppi exactly what a car sounds like:)

Noah and I spent a night with Lolli, Poppi, Aunt Carol and Uncle Flip-Flop before Lolli and Poppi left on their own trip. We enjoyed some great Mexican train:)

The table we played on was cracking me up because is was so tall, you could barelt see Noah over the top:)
Noah made sure Uncle Flip-Flop chose his tiles to be played:)

Noah was often the focus of attention at my parents house. He has so many funny antics that you can't help but laugh at him.

Noah discovered Papa's desk this trip and there were many times we would find Noah digging through Papa's drawers on his tippy toes trying to find all the fun toys Papa keeps in there.

Side note: Funny story: I WISH I had a picture to go with this story, but I just have to tell you. My parents have a piano that Noah is enthralled with. He would often go walking or crawling off in the direction of the piano. One day, after hearing him playing on the piano, the house got VERY quiet. And of course, when things are quiet, it can only mean trouble! I went looking for Noah and couldn't find him anywhere. I walked into the living room, where the piano was thinking I would find him in there. I couldn't see him, but I definitely heard him. WHERE COULD HE BE?!?!?! Finally, the mystery was solved when I heard his little head bump the top of the coffee table that he was stuck under. He had crawled under and couldn't figure out how to get back out:) Needless to say, he didn't make the same mistake twice-he didn't go under there again:) Spending time with a favorite friend, Steph!

I put some overalls on Noah one day and after playing for a while, I went to check on him. I laughed hysterically upon finding him like this. Somehow, he found his way out of his pants and decided it was fun to play in just his shirt:)



Time with Uncle Mikey & Auntie Meghan

Noah loved the magnets Uncle Mikey & Auntie Meghan kept on the fridge.

Uncle Mikey has a collection of laptops that he is hoping to piece together to make a workable computer, but he was generous enough to let Noah play with one for the evening...I'm guessing its going to be a while before Noah really knows what to do with it:)

My goofy brother:)...and his adorable wife

Noah and the Babydoll

For those of you that have been to our house, you will know that there are NO baby dolls at our house:) I was very surpised when Noah discovered this baby at my parents house. I think he is going to make a great big brother some day...he immediately rocked the baby, kissed it, and patted its back. Who knew?!?


Bonding time with Papa


Papa had many great ways to lean Noah in his direction:) One in particular was crackers. Noni & Papa have a jar of crackers they keep out on the counter and I would often find Noah and Papa sharing in a couple crackers.


Just a couple of buddies:)

Noah also loved to watch Papa build a fire and wanted to be included.

0 comments: