Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A different descent down the steps

Noah took his first tumble down the stairs this week. I am so amazed at how wonderfully God made us that when we are first growing, he keeps us low to the ground with the natural ability to relax when rolling down the stairs:) He was climbing the stairs with a baseball toy he has and when I went over to check on him, he looked up and that was all it took. Thankfully he was only 5 steps from the bottom. And I think it shook me up more than him, but he walked away without a bump or bruise.
I suppose this is just the beginning of life with a growing boy, but man....how much can one heart take?!?!? Thank goodness, God has promised that he will be right there along the way!
"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; don't be discouraged." Deuteronomy 31:8

2 comments:

Rita said...

I totally feel for you! That is the worst feeling to see or hear something like that happening and not being able to stop it! Micah tumbled ALL the way down our steps more than once and survived (I think?!), had it been me, I would have broken something or everything!

Anonymous said...

AMEN! Love Lolli