Friday, March 14, 2008

Projects...

This has been a quiet and busy week all at the same time. Monday and Tuesday were days we just spent at home. With the price of gas, we are trying to find ways to combine everything and avoid driving:) So we enjoyed some Mommy/Noah time and the beautiful fresh air outside. Noah loves his independence and I am often chasing him as we go around the block. Noah is starting to show more and more of his little personality and I am falling more and more in love with him all the time. Just this morning, we sat in the rocker together, he with his money counting piggy bank and me with my bible. It was great just to sit together and hear his noises and grunts. The rest of the week has been spent with great friends and the planning of our next big project. As some of you might know, we purchased a giant armoire from Colorado and Aaron parents will be driving it out sometime at the end of April/beginning of May. So before this Mammoth piece of furniture arrives, we figured now would be a good time to repaint the upstairs living room and kitchen. Although we have accomplished many projects around the house together, we weren't quite fully aware of just what we were getting ourselves into. This project seems to just keep growing! Since we are going to be taking it all down, we might as well paint the ceiling and trim, change out the light switches and outlets that don't match the rest, purchase an energy/$ saving thermostat and several other key features. So, we are off this weekend to search for great deals and start planning how this is all going to play out. We have a friend coming over to help fix the settling cracks in the room and once that is done the painting can begin. Part of the fun of all of this for me is not only see the changes the paint colors we have chosen will make, but to also re-decorate a bit. I probably won't go buy much, but I can definitely start over with what we have...put it in different places, get things out that have been in storage...and so on. And my biggest accomplishment lately and addition to this project is creating new valances for the room. They aren't your typical valances, its more of a tube of fabric that is bunched up on a wide, flat hanger. So, I couldn't just go out and buy new ones, I needed to make them. So I recruited the help of a friend who sews and last night we purchased the material and cut all of the material for the valences. I just finished sewing it all up and now we are just waiting to put it into place. It was so much easier than I had imagined and I can't wait to put them up. Some of you might recall that I have often referred to my sewing skills as worse than a blind kindergartener. I am soo bad at sewing that Noah could probably do just as good as I could. But this time, I was determined to try. And it worked!!! I did it!! (I was even given permission to sew alone with no one watching over my shoulder)And, you know, they don't look half bad! Thank goodness it was an easy project! I will keep you all updated as this project progresses. And then of course, you'll see my favorite part of all...the big reveal. I can't wait!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are the only one I know who
makes "all that work" sound like
FUN!! Then with your pictures and commentary PROVE that it was!!
Love u 3 Sweethearts,Lolli