Sunday, February 08, 2009

Life at home

Life here at home has been relatively smooth so far. There is so much to tell you and I'll do my best to remember it all:)

We came home from the hospital Friday afternoon, after spending what seemed like forever waiting to be discharged from the hospital. Breven is so tiny, especially after our big baby in Noah that we couldn't get the straps in the car seat small enough so they would release us from the hospital. We ultimately decided to come home Friday instead of Saturday when they gave us our option, knowing that we would be much more comfortable at home than sitting in that small little room. 
Noah stayed the night with PJ and Lai to give us a chance to settle in at home and while we missed having him here, it was the right decision. I wear out so quickly that Noah's energy would drain any small reserve I had left from getting out of the hospital. I had a hard time getting comfortable, but Aaron was so patient in trying anything he could to help me get as comfortable as I could.
Noah came back Saturday morning and you could tell he was happy to be home! He was running from room to room and reacquainting himself with everything:) I haven't been away from him for that long and its amazing how much he can change in that short period of time! He is talking up a storm and we have decided he should be a commentator somewhere when he grows up because he tells you everything he is doing and what is going on.
The house just seemed so quiet without him here. And then shortly after he got back, he and Aaron left to go pick up Nonni from the airport. Unfortunately, her luggage made its way to San Francisco instead of here, so they took a while to get back to the house, but Noah told me ALL about it when they got back.
Since she has arrived, our life has been wonderful! She has been such a help and Noah has really enjoyed having her here too! Aaron has been such a help for me too...I have so much to be thankful for!!!
And Breven has been SOOO good! I am so spoiled, but he sleeps a ton, eats like he should and is a snuggler! I finally have a snuggly baby!!!! Looking at it all now, I am glad Noah was an independent baby because it has made him an independent little boy which will make his life as a first born to brave the unknown for his little brother just a little easier:)
I'm sure there is so much more, but for now, just enjoy some pics! I'm off to cuddle with my boys!
To welcome Noah home, Breven got Noah his own guitar. He hasn't put it down since he opened it!
Noah continues to find ways to be silly...
...and Breven's hiccups were cracking Noah up!
Quality nap time with Daddy
My boys...Aaron has been so good and juggling time with the two boys and making sure Noah gets all his energy out!
Breven's first bath...he hates to be cold-diaper changes always make him mad. But once we gave him something to suck on, he was fine.
Nonni with her new little grandson.
Hi! Meet my new little brother. He doesn't do much right now, but cry. Mommy and Daddy say he'll play with me later. I like to hold him. You should come hold him too!

4 comments:

THE BEATH FAMILY said...

Emily-
I just love seeing Noah with his baby brother! A very sweet family! Great pictures!
I will keep you in my prayers for a quick recovery. Rest when you can.
Jacki

Anonymous said...

Lovely looking family! Congratulations once again.
Gladys

Anonymous said...

I'm coming, Lord willing!!U both do such a good job of informing & entertaining all of us!! Praise the Lord for "great" friends/neighbors!! Love u four, Lolli

Anonymous said...

I'm coming, Lord willing!!U both do such a good job of informing & entertaining all of us!! Praise the Lord for "great" friends/neighbors!! Love u four, Lolli