Sunday, February 15, 2009

Our week

We have had a great week with my mom here. I just can't believe how fast it has all gone. I know I say that alot...but it is so true. My mom has been such a help. I can't imagine not having her here this week.
Breven has been an amazing baby. He is such a wonderful addition to our family and is such a calm little boy, not much can faze him. The only times he ever really cries is when he is hungry or cold. He hates to have his diaper changed.  Right now, he has set his own schedule and is only up 1 time a night. He eats at 11 pm, 3 am and then not again until 8 am! My mom has been getting up with me at night to keep me company-I'm going to miss having someone to talk at to 3 am when she leaves!
Noah is doing great. Once he started getting some more sleep, he became much more like his normal self. He's definitely still 2, and has some interesting moments, but he is doing great. 
My mom and I also decided (for reasons we still can't really pinpoint) to take on the task of potty training Noah this week. Definitely not what I had planned, but it has gone really well. The first 2 days were a little rough, but thankful I had someone really experienced in the ins-and-outs of potty training! And honestly, she has really done a lot of the work. I feel really bad, not being able to do much, but my mom has been so willing to be a big help. Now, I just have to remain faithful and keep it all up. Thankfully, the big bulk of training is done!
Breven and I took our first big outing yesterday. Aaron and I were able to go out for a little while Friday night alone, but yesterday, my mom, Breven and I went out for lunch and had pedicures. Its amazing how that little act can make you feel so much better! (note: Breven had no clue he went out for pedicures, much less left his house.:))
Sadly, my mom is leaving tomorrow but Aaron's mom arrives tonight and I'm looking forward to some quality time with her.
Now, to what you are really here for...more pics. 
2 of my boys both working hard on their laptops!
Breven has several fingers that just keep escaping. He has some really sharp nails, so we have had to keep them under wraps and every time I turn around, those same couple of fingers have managed to find their way out of the warmth of the mitten and out into the fresh air. Robb...this ones for you!
Trying out Daddy's hat...looks like he'll have to wait a little longer for it to fit.
Reading books to my boys. Look how well I can multi-task while not even getting off the couch!
You know Breven is really asleep when you see his arms relaxed. If he's awake or just hanging out, his arms and legs are tight up against his body. We think they are connected to springs!
Noah loves his new Curious George book. He reads it all the time! Thanks, Uncle Robb and Auntie Mel.
He is definitely his own person. We haven't heard "he looks just like Aaron" for Breven. This time, I have a little boy who looks more like me:)
My repairmen...notice Noah even has his own tools out to use.
Look, even Aaron has started to master the art of multi-tasking.
A rare moment of snuggling with Daddy while reading his Curious George book, of course:)
Something tells me this is something he'll have to grow into, but boy is it cute!
Breven has found he likes to be on his belly. I turn him onto his back for the rest of his bath and he gets pretty vocal about how much he dislikes it.
He just looks so cuddly in this picture. He is so little in the carseat that the buckle is always right under his chin. Good thing he doesn't seem to mind!
Noah loves to watch, touch, grab, point out, listen to and tell us what Breven is doing. He is such a big helper and I can tell he already loves his little brother so much! 
Isn't this a strange picture of different times of Noah's day all rolled into one-eating time with the bib, nigh-night time with the Pajamas and play time with his guitar!:)
Thank you, Mom for all you have done over the past week. You have worked so hard without a complaint and I know you'll go home and get several good nights of sleep! The boys and I will miss you!!!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the pics! It was nice to see one with Breven's eyes open! We'll see you soon!