Friday, June 25, 2010

Nativity

Its not a well known fact, unless you came over for a visit, that I collect Nativities.
I love the reminder they are to me all through out the year not only of the gift God gave me but of the sacrifice that came with it and the love that was expressed.
I love all the different unique nativities out there and even though they are usually relegated to Christmas time, I definitely do not wait for Christmas to display them. In fact, sitting here, looking around the living room, I count 7 nativities displayed around the living room and kitchen.
Several months ago a friend saw a nativity set and recreated it herself. She did an amazing job! They were beautiful and very unique. I was so in awe of her talent and while I was trying to find a way to convince her to make me a set, she had an online giveaway and guess who won?!?
That's right. I now have my very own set of gorgeous hand painted nativity candles.
Why, you ask am I just now posting this. She finally brought them to me.:) Thanks for the set, Kristin! I will cherish them.

0 comments: