Thursday, December 04, 2008

A look into the future big brother...and my 2 year old!!!

My baby turns 2 today!!! Can you believe it? When I think back to being pregnant with him and those first few weeks with him, it seems like only yesterday! But he has made my life richer, fuller, and given me more reasons to laugh than I can count! (just last night, I went to check on him before I went to bed and in his sleep, he said..."mo movies":) looks like we have an addict on our hands:))
He is definitely opinionated too! When it came time to pick out his outfit, he wouldn't let me pick anything. I finally got tired of him saying no, so I pulled out a shirt and told him that was what he was going to wear. Well...he grabbed the shirt from my hands and threw it in the hamper. OKAY! So, I guess we won't be wearing that shirt after all! As soon as he put the shirt in the hamper, he came back to the closet and chose his Notre Dame outfit (good friend PJ will be so proud!!)
He also gave me a glimpse into what he'll be like as a big brother today. 
Yesterday, we discovered that his beloved puppies (2 puppies together that he has named Baboo and Rah) were 'broken'. The little puppy had a tear in his ear and was coming undone from its attachment to the bigger puppy. Noah was devastated. The only thing he could talk about all night was "puppies broken". So I finally had some time to sit down and "fix" the puppies today and Noah was right there, holding the puppies paws the whole time. He even brought his blanket to the puppies to comfort them and got a book to read to them to "distract" them while they were in surgery:) I can just see him doing the same thing with his little brother. When little brother falls down or gets hurt, I can already envision Noah being the first one on the scene, comforting Poohba and doing anything in his power to help him feel better.
 
What can I say, I am one lucky mom!  The fact that God chose me to raise this little boy, this gift and to be able to fulfill my dream and stay home with him is something I don't take lightly!!
Noah-Mommy and Daddy are so proud of you. We love you so much and you amaze us with your ability to figure things out, talk about things so much older than you are, and your love for others. We hope and pray that God will allow us many more years to be your parents.  And even though we may make a ton of mistakes along the way, we hope you'll look back on your childhood as Christ-centered, love filled, (& food filled) and abounding in laughs.  We love you, Mommy & Daddy
P.S. Our computer still isn't back up after being moved downstairs, so I'm still waiting to upload pics. Hopefully I can convince the husband to help me put it back together soon...so lots of pics to come!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE NOAH!!
We hope you have a fabulous day and an even more incredible year.
Jerod, Gladys, Alyssa & Ciana

THE BEATH FAMILY said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NOAH!!!
GOD BLESS YOU, MOMMY, DADDY AND BABY BROTHER!!!

Anonymous said...

U r doing a FINE job with updates!! I bet the party went well, Noah was so excited Bo-Bo was coming & it was cute how after one day of "Happy Birthday"calls to him, he "figured" that, that must be the new way for telephone greeting on Friday. Love u 3 and 2mos. left!! Lolli