Monday, December 29, 2008

Pregnant ramblings

Its all about perspective. Its all about having that frame of mind that can be taught, changed and open to what God has to tell you. And man, has He been talking:) 
This has been such a hormonal pregnancy, you would think I was carrying a girl...but ultrasounds don't generally lie:) I don't remember being so emotional when I was carrying Noah. And while I am really looking forward to snuggling up with a new little baby, I'm definitely ready to shed some of the extra emotions. I've been finding myself in a funk lately and I can't understand why. I find myself ready to cry at more movies, a couple of songs, feeling a little lost and actually a little lonely. I know...you ask, how could I possibly get lonely with a 2 year old running around and I honestly can't answer you. I have no idea, but I am trying to use this as a time of learning what God is trying to tell me. 
I actually woke up in one of those funks this morning.  After wading through it for a little while, I ran to the grocery store with Noah to get some ingredients for play dough and upon returning home realized that things looked a whole lot better. There's just something about being able to run to the store for the things we need without having to wonder if there's enough in the bank, or watching the grin on that little face as he steers his car attached to my cart, or just the thought of making play dough the same way my mom made play dough when I was growing up.
All that to say, God has been showing me some good lessons. 
Number 1: I am relying to heavily on the things of this world and the people closest to me, rather than the one I should be relying on. 
Number 2: It doesn't take much to be happy...and its easy to forget that when I listen to all the media around me. 
Number 3: There really is something to be said for spending quality time in His presence on a normal basis.
Now, if only I could take these to heart and never have a problem with them again:):):):) Guess that's why its called a work in progress.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know that some of the days can be emotional...why wouldn't they be...you have a 2 year old...you are pregnant...and it is the holidays! Sit down with a cup of chai,just relax, know that this will pass and let God wash His love over you!!!!!!!!!! Then go take a nap and watch a great movie and enjoy your wonderful little boy!!
I love you so much, Mom

Anonymous said...

A blessing from the Lord that "funks" do not stay around forever! Thanks for the reminder of Who is Number One and that He and I need to spend consistent time together!Know that Poppi & I pray for our "growing Indiana family". Love u all, Lolli