Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Poohba's nursery

I have heard a lot of people asking for me to post pics of the nursery, but I've been trying to wait until the room was complete. Unfortunately, the crib is still missing, but hopefully within the next week, that should be up too. So, because I'm so anxious to show you too, I'll post the pics so far and then post one of the final completed room once its finished...Hope you enjoy the process a whole lot more than we did:) We're just glad its done!!!
So I was looking for a pic of the office before and I really don't have that many (who needs pics of an office!) So, you get one in transition mode. 
Everything out of the office and in its place downstairs. The work upstairs begins...
Aaron was a little unsure of the color at first but it grew on him.
While my parents were here in December, we taped and painted the stripes. Just when Aaron didn't think I could come up with anything more elaborate...I present him with this idea. It turned out amazing, but man was it a lot of work! (I think Aaron is VERY thankful there isn't anything left to paint in our house!!!:))
My mom even managed to match the walls!! Wait...where did she go!?!?:)
The stripes are all painted. I explained more about our agonizing process here where we ended up staying up until 2 am one night because we realized the 2 coats for the stripes had to be painted all at once.
Aaron spent much of Christmas weekend and many of the following weekends building the changing table. Yes, we already had one for Noah, but it will soon lose the changing table pad and just be a clothes organizer. We wanted each of our boys to have one that Daddy made for them. Noah was a big help in putting it together.
TA-DA!!!
And now its a beautiful, finished piece of furniture.
And the pic of the room as it is now. Now all we need is one crib and one little boy to fill it!!:)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks great! I bet you feel a little better knowing that is all done in time! Can't wait to see the baby in it!

Anonymous said...

You have such a gift for decorating! It looks wonderful.

Gladys

Nature Notes from Nadvornia said...

Nice job you three! I started a horizontal stripe design in my kitchen and once I got into it realized how not fun they are to measure out and tape. Needless to say I simplified my plan, and I'm very impressed with the many layers in yours! Also impressive is Larsky's changing table craftsmanship- what a neat tradition and heirloom! Enjoy your last couple weeks of out-numbering your children!

shell said...

looks awesome! I love the brown and blue!