Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Lions

My son has a fear in the form of a lion.
He is constantly talking about how the lion is going to get him. And it seems to be getting worse. It started out with just having the lion around and has gradually gotten to the point where Noah has a hard time going anywhere in the house alone. He has started dashing back as fast as he can.
I've been doing a lot of thinking about it lately-how can I help Noah, where could this be coming from, what does it mean? Then, this verse came to mind.
1 Peter 5:8 Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
There is probably no connection to Noah's lion and the devil. But Noah's fear of that lion does remind me how close the devil is to us and how much he can impact us just as Noah's lion is impacting him. Our mind can be our biggest asset and our biggest weakness. Just as Noah has a "fear of a lion", I have fears too. And what is he using to cause me to stumble?
What are my "lions"?
How can I use those fears for the glory of God rather than empowering the devil?
Back when lions were still friendly:)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

"food 4 thought" & mostly prayer 4 each other,ourself & 4 Noah as how to help! love u 4,Lolli