Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Christmas wonder

We had so much fun Christmas morning. It was fun to see both boys get so excited and to feel the love in the room. I know that Christmas isn't about the presents, its not about any of the trappings that our society pushes on us. And I definitely don't want our boys growing up with that idea in their heads. But there's just something about the excitement that lights their eyes as they rip open that paper and discover the treasure underneath. I think Aaron and I had just as much fun picking out their gifts as they did opening them and playing with them.
I recently read a friends blog about Christmas presents that I found very intriguing. She gives her children just three gifts to represent the gifts given by the wisemen. What a great way to help keep the true focus, although it didn't happen for us this year. It may not happen for several years, but I love the idea.
Breven definitely didn't understand why after tearing all the paper off a box, he had to give up the box and do it all over again.
Hot chocolate just tastes better on a special day. And what better way to savor it just a little bit longer by storing all over your cheeks and chin. You can lick it all off after you've finished what's in the mug.
Taking a moment to read a new book.
Teaching Breven to play Mozart:)
And my favorite part of having guests...GAMES! We played so many games and had so much fun. Thanks for indulging me, guys!!!
Breven was happy to play with his new phone while we played our games.
He has such happy moments! The phone he got is identical to the phone I had as a toy growing up. Brings back all sorts of memories.
Lori came and spent the day with us. We love you, Miss Worwi! (notice B's finger!)
We had so much fun with Lolli and Poppi.
(and Aaron and I enjoyed a few extra minutes of sleep each day:))
We also love our Uncle Flip Flop. Too bad Noah didn't really start playing with him until the last couple of days of their trip. His whole world was centered on Poppi.
Family=fun, energy, laughter, conversation, love

1 comments:

Nature Notes from Nadvornia said...

I LOVE it when little boys look at books with their grandpas! So wonderful! The photo of Noah drinking hot cocoa is so cute! Joshua won't touch the stuff. I would think he's crazy, but then it just means more for me =) We're a good team- he takes my marshmallows.