Monday, March 02, 2009

Day 1-Just me and the boys

Aaron's mom left this morning, which means...I'm by myself!!! YIKES! Here goes nothing. 
I have honestly been dreading this day for weeks. It meant the end of our company, the end of family in town. And it meant I was going to be flying solo with one boy nursing every few hours and the other potty training. I knew deep down that I could handle it, but there was still a small part of me that was scared to death:):)
Both my mom and Aaron's mom have been a TREMENDOUS blessing to me in these last couple of weeks. Not only did they do so much to help out around the house, but they played a key role in potty training Noah and also keeping me company. I have to say its been pretty nice having someone around to talk to. Thank you to you both! You will never know just how much I appreciate all you have done!!!!
So...how is the day going you ask? Its actually going....GREAT! I'm really surprised. Noah has had a rough couple of Mondays and I didn't expect this to be any different, but he has been an angel today. I actually had both boys fed, dressed, and my shower finished all before 9:30! I have to say I was pretty shocked myself. 
And during my shower, when Breven started to cry, Noah was gently (he surprised me!) trying to give Breven his pacifier and talking to him. He did great. My only problem was what to do from 9:30 until 12 when we had lunch? I haven't had this much open time in a long time! But we managed to fill it with cars, N's computer, nursing, potty training and a little bit of a movie:)
Now, both boys are asleep and I'm about to join them, knowing that I have made it through the hard part of my day! YEA!
I think I'm going to be okay at this after all:) 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I KNOW that you will do a super, wonderful job of being a wife to Aaron, mommie to 2 wonderful little boys, growing and becoming a delightful, godly young woman, in short...just terrific! I am praying for you!!!!!!! Mom