Saturday, October 03, 2009

My style

I saw this quiz on someone elses blog and thought it might be interesting to see how right it would be. And you know what...its pretty accurate.

Emily, you are an EARTHY CASUAL

You're interested in creating a welcoming home where people feel comfortable and happiness flourishes. You appreciate the warmth and individuality of natural materials and handcrafted things and are inspired by colors and forms from nature. You love mixing up different textures and are sensitive to the tactile qualities of objects. Your style is grounded and solid, not flighty or frilly. And you are never taken in by the trend of the moment.

You value order. You feel happiest if your home is well organized. You understand that when your house is in order, your mind feels clearer. Rather than a lot of meaningless objects or overly-designed items, you are happier with a few well-placed things. Your home is your respite from a busy life. Try to avoid letting things into your home that you don't really love. You know your style.

Take the quiz for yourself...what style are you?

Leave a comment after you take the test and tell me which one you are.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seeing those apples and then cooking them made me want to come right over. It made me smile to see what a great homemaker, wife and mother you have become!
I love you and yours...
Dad D

Susie said...

I took your quiz and blogged about it. A long boring blog.

Anonymous said...

Dearest Em, Aaron, Noah and Breven,

We can't thank you enough for the wonderful pics...they are under the plastic on my work desk :) I have been trying to keep up with the pics on the blog and change them to the digital pic-frame :)

I am sorry that things here in IL are keeping us from driving ONLY 3 hours to visit...the weather has not been cooperating and there is alot of construction between us :{ Last week Saturday I went into work for 6 hrs...our life should not be this way...but it is :( Right now I can only keep up with the blog to see how fast the boys are growing...they are so different, yet so alike in their own way :)

We hope that your holidays, birthdays and Halloween will be fun-filled with your families and friends...yes, I saw Uncle Flip-Flop...Phil is looking well...and what a wonderful uncle he is!!!

I am impressed with your culineriary skills and I bet that Noah loves to help?!?!?! Em, you were always good in the kitchen :)

Oh, by the way Em...I took your test and I am a Bohemian Casual and looking at my home I'd have to say that's true :)

Listen guys, take good care, be good to each other, love those babies and know that Um and I think about you all the time...especially when the weather for IN is on :O Love, Us

Christine said...

I took the quiz. I love those things--especially when it's so spot on. Here's what it said about me:

Christine, you are a Country Classic

You have a naturally refined sensibility with an appreciation for tradition and history. You value beauty, craftsmanship, and family heirlooms, but you like to open things up with pretty, easy-going pieces like painted wood or distressed furniture, lovely florals and other patterns, and bunches of fresh flowers that give your home a breezy, relaxed feeling. You love unique finds, have a thrifty, creative side, and can make these things work together.

You value comfort. Your home is a warm and open friendly place, and you feel happiest when everyone is cared for and relaxed in your space. Elements like pillows, throws, overstuffed furniture, and good lighting set the mood. You may also enjoy layering different fabrics or mixing patterns to create a cozy effect.