Friday, October 30, 2009

Another great birthday

I had a great birthday last Saturday, thank you for all my well wishes! I love birthdays on the weekends since everyone can be home together! Thought you'd like to see a day in the life of a 29 year old. wait. Did I say that out loud?
Our friends PJ & Lai came over in the morning to cook me breakfast! It was delicious and so nice not the have to cook or clean up! Thanks guys!!!
So, this is the third time in a week that Noah has woken up from naptime wet! I really don't mind changing his bed or giving him a bath...its just gotta get done. But what I really don't enjoy is taking all these animals and getting them off the bed and then trying to find places for them all once I've made the bed. 3 times in a week is just a little over the top for this Mama. So, I finally had to take some to the stuffed animal hotel downstairs :) and give a few back to their rightful owner-Breven. Thankfully, Noah hasn't gotten that upset over it yet.
Not exactly what I would like to be doing on my birthday, but not everything can go perfectly!
2 reasons I had a good birthday...
And when its your birthday, you just have to take advantage and get as many hugs and kisses as possible...
I told Aaron there were 2 things I wanted for my birthday:
1. For him to make me dinner.
2. A really good dessert.
And he did great on both accounts.
Best dessert in a LONG time!!!!!
and yes, I'm sitting on the countertop, but we had to fit three people around this so I gave the boys the stools and got creative.
A cookie mudslide. Wanna come over? I need an excuse to make another!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you had a wonderful day! I am sure you'll look 29 forever!
And that dessert looks yummy! He did a great job!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday Emily! We were traveling to Southern Indiana on your birthday...if we had more time we would have tried to get together! Aaron did a great job on the dessert; it looks professional! And I just want to grab your two beautiful little boys! Thanks for sharing your photos! A. Val

Susie said...

Happy birthday "old" girl!

Anonymous said...

Happy really belated Birthday. i have been meaning to call you but know i never FORGET about you my friend! Glad to see it was wonderful.
Gladys