Friday, December 11, 2009

Noah's 3rd birthday and party

Hey, Noah? What's happening tomorrow?
It's my birfday!!!
How old are you going to be?
THREE!!!!
And we woke up to our first official snow on Noah's birthday. He loved giving me progress reports throughout the day on how much snow there.
He spent much of the time holding a phone. I am so thankful for all the family that he has and that they all remembered. He was in seventh heaven from all the attention.
Celebrating with Daddy!
For his actual birthday on Friday, we had pizza and movie night and an apple turn over for dessert. And of course, we watched Cars.
I asked Noah what he wanted for dessert for his birthday and he told me he wanted a chocolate cake. So I decided that since he was going to have a cake, I wanted to decorate it, trying to follow in my moms footsteps. (I still remember the radio cake my mom made for me for several of my birthday parties)
He loved being able to help out.
TA-DA! I have to say I'm pretty proud of this cake. For my first real attempt, it turned out rather cute.
Foods all ready...
I loved looking over once everyone had arrived to see all the boys huddled around the cake:)
When I was planning Noah's party, I had a hard time coming up with something that would entertain everyone from my 3 year old to a 12 year old to adults.
We decided to do a decathlon of sorts (or Noah's Olympic games) We planned:
-Bowling
-Putting
-Hockey
-Block stacking
-Wii-catch the fish
-guess how many M & M's
I added a little difficulty on several of the games for the adults. While I thought each adult would each take a "station" with a child and we would rotate through the stations, we ended up all huddled around the Wii with the occasional absence for the other games.
Dan on the putting challenge.
PJ showing us his mad Wii skills
Measuring Luke's block tower
It was fun to see all the boys huddled up close to Noah as he opened his presents.
So bummed! This is as close of a good picture as I could get with Noah and his cake.
Singing to the birthday boy
Finger lickin' good!
Noah had fun with our youngest guest, Eden too!
And I have to say...the party was a smashing success!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad we could be there! It was definitely a success!

Anonymous said...

Emy, you did a fantastic job on that cake...not to mention all of the very, very creative party ideas...I am gonig to have to tap your knowledge in a few years!!! :-)

HUGS!
Auntie Mel