Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Thanksgiving

The table's all set...now all we need is some food!
Oh, there it is!!!
We're finally ready to eat. We had some good friends from small group and our neighbor Lori. There was so much good food to eat, I didn't want to stop:) (I think Breven's trying to tell me that he's ready too)
Rita brought this amazing looking pie! It even had little apple cut outs on it! Aaron was thankful she brought it because all his wife made was some chocolate thing:) Definitely not Thanksgiving-ish in his opinion:)
Isn't she a doll?! We loved these cute little glasses...right up until the moment Noah decided that they must suddenly be edible and took a chunk out.
Hanging out doing the usual...changing the baby and checking out the sales for Black Friday. Anybody get any really good deals?
Ahhh, I love Thanksgiving!!
And just to prove it, here are some things I'm thankful for this year...
-a healthy, happy family
-a loving husband who has a job!
-the privilege to stay home with my boys
-a mild winter so far
-friends and a church family when we're so far from home
-Sunshine!!!!
-A visit from my parents
-and one from Aaron's parents coming soon
-Freedom
-My salvation in Christ

3 comments:

shell said...

looks like you guys had a great time! yeah for a mild winter!

Unknown said...

We had such a great time - thanks for sharing it with us!

Aaron and Emily said...

Thanks, Shelley! We did have a great time. I used the same turkey recipe we used for the Thanksgiving we spent with you guys. It brought back so many fun memories!
Hope you had a great time (minus the puking:)) too!