Sunday, April 11, 2010

Update on the boys, novel version

So I sat down today to write an email update about our family and after writing it, wanted to document it for those who are interested (don't worry, I'm not under any false impression that anybody besides the grandparents truely care :))
Noah is growing by leaps and bounds and I swear that little boy says more words in the first few minutes upon waking up than I could hope to say in a week! I want to get a counter just so see how many he really says in one day. I'm still trying to find his mute button:) We just got him a bunkbed set from Aaron's boss and he is in 7th heaven. He has been carting all of his most prized posessions up to the top bunk and I have to convince him that that bunk bed won't hold anything else.
He has been developing such a compassionate heart. He is so sweet with the little girl we are watching and often when one of the kids is crying, he breaks out in a version of "Jesus loves me this I know". But he also takes great joy in finding ways to frustrate his little brother. He so wants to be the Daddy and tries to tell B 'no' all the time. Whenever he goes by B, he does something to him, whether its hit him on the head, straddle him, push him over...its proved to be quite the challenge.
Following a friends advice, I let him start watching a couple of shows on PBS and he's finally got his alphabet down and can recognize all of his letters. GO TV! (never thought I'd say that, but it has definitely done something I couldn't accomplish with him:))
We have just started playing games with him and he can't get enough. We've been playing Candyland, Chutes & Ladders and Mancala. And instead of candy for Easter, he got to trade the eggs he found in for a SuperWhy game that I think he really liked. And I'm looking forward to a little variety:)
Breven is going at his own pace. He is teething right now so he is pretty crabby a lot, but he's also been a lot more snuggly, so I'm trying to cherish every moment. He is not interested in walking yet, but he can definitely get where he wants to go.
He's just our quiet little observer and has started to really pick up on things in the last week. Within the last 2 weeks, he's learned to: sign more, sign please, show you his tongue, belly, eyes and nose.
And he loves the bath tub. Anytime I turn the water on, he's tugging at his clothes trying to get them off:) With as big as he is getting, it won't be long before he does the superman and just rips them right off:)
He is definitely our eater and after the dairy allergy Noah dealt with, feeding B is SOOO easy. He hates baby food and wants whatever we're eating. And if I'm in the kitchen cooking, he's down at my feet whining because he wants to eat what I'm making:) I think he would be quite content to just sit in his highchair all day and have a constant stream of food. I've had to actually work on finding other ways to deal with him when he's like that because its just so easy to give him something to eat:) Look out fridge...B's on his way!

1 comments:

Rita said...

Yeah for PBS and SuperWhy! At least you know he won't be watching all sorts of commericials for things he can't have!